LME Helicopter Seat Cushion Replacements
Anyone who has ever sat in a military helicopter knows that the seats are uncomfortable. They tend to be hard and hot - with little back or thigh support.
To overcome those problems, engineers at LME's Annapolis and Asheville facilities have designed, prototyped, and manufactured crashworthy seat and back cushion sets for multiple helicopter types. Shown in the photographs are seat cushion sets for the U.S. Army AH-64 Apache helicopter. Seat cushions are currently being produced for the U.S. Army OH-58D Kiowa Warrior as well.
AH-64 Apache seat with LME® seat cushions. Also shown is an LME® designed prototype 5-point harness and LME® designed Head and Neck Airbag Restraint System.
AH-64 Apache seat with LME® seat cushions. Note air bulbs for the adjustable and inflatable lumbar cushion as well as the inflatable thigh support.
Features of these seat cushions include:
- Inflatable and adjustable lower back support - to custom fit, enhance flight posture, and increase comfort.
- Inflatable thigh support - to reduce fatigue and enhance comfort.
- Contoured seat bottom and back - for improved lateral support and thigh muscle comfort.
- Multi-layered seat bottom foam construction - to provide crashworthy support and vibration dampening.
- Sturdy sheepskin cushion covers - for cool, dry seating and extended use.
- Cushion foam coated - for fire protection and ease of maintenance. All materials fire certified.
- Removable and washable cushion covers - for ease of maintenance and cleanliness.
- Simple remove and replace installation - for ease of maintenance.
Although these seat cushions have only been produced for military helicopters, several fixed wing, non-ejection seat aircraft are suitable for similar replacement seat cushions. These include the C-130, C-141, C-2, and E-2 aircraft.
For additional information, or a demonstration of the enhanced comfort and ease of maintenance of these seat cushion sets, please contact David Clark
Logistics Management Engineering, Inc.
1356 Cape Saint Claire Road
Annapolis, MD 21409 • 410.757.6319